Monday, December 19, 2011

Great Job Sasha!

Its a little late but i would like to send my congradulations to Sasha DiGiulian as being the first American woman climber to climb 5.14d with her ascent of Pure Imagination at Red River Gorge. This is amazing stuff for her. I remember competing with her a divisionals like three years ago, and i remember thinking she was good. I would have never imagined she would be this good. Over the past few years, she has been climbing amazingly well and I believe if she keeps it up, she will be the first woman to break the 5.15 barrier. It is, honestly, crazy how hard everyone is sending these days. I had a quick argument of a buddy of mine whether 5.16 would ever be reached, obviously 15c, and d would have to be climbed first. Maybe im too excited about the hard sends that im not thinking straight but i believe we, as a climbers, will eventually reach the 5.16 level. Who knows, maybe I'll be the first ;). We will see. Nevertheless, Sasha's send is something worth noting and she deserves the utmost respect for her inspiring send. Sasha's send of Pure Imagination

No comments:

Post a Comment