Saturday, December 15, 2012

My new trick!

I'm in a coffee shop right now so I figured might as well mold into the stereotypes and blog a bit. Well my climbing life has taken a back seat to skiing. Hard to climb at night when you've been skiing a bunch during the day. Honestly, it takes so much energy out of me. Well, skiing reminded me what it's like to fail again and again and still have to try again. I've been climbing for so long, I almost forgot what it was like to be a beginner at something. Granted I have been skiing for ten years but I've never done free-style before. This is completely new for me.
I'll be honest, it is damn hard to free-style ski. Like, I fall countless times each day on my ass and it is so painful. But I am forced to pick myself up again and try the move over again. It is a great example of picking yourself up again and try again! One quote replays in my mind after I fall on my ass for the 20th time. "Success has been and continues to be defined as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down" This is the perfect example of my free-style skiing life. I fall countless times each day yet I continue getting up and trying again.
The newest move I am working on is a blind two-step off. Which is when I get on a box and then spin and come off the box forward. So I do a 270 on the box. It is extremely difficult for me. And I fall so many times. I am pretty sure my thigh is going to be permanently bruised for the rest of my life. I can't even lay down on my bed without being in a lot of pain. But, this winter break, I will put on my bright blue snow pants and bright blue sweatshirt and throw my skis on and hop on the box and try it again. I will try this move until I succeed and then many times after that. It is all about getting up when you fall down. This is where perfection comes from. Not being afraid to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment