Saturday, February 9, 2013

About time...

It's about time for another entry. This one is going to be on a positive note because my emotional roller coaster is in the high position right now. Hopefully it stays like that for a few days, but lets take it one day at a time. I had an epiphany in my A.P English class today and this epiphany I am not going to mention but I will say it has changed my thinking of almost everything in my life. Don't worry, climbing is still my favorite thing to do. But this epiphany was something of a realization that I no longer am attached to the things I was once attached to and that even though I may not be the happiest person in the world, I am pretty fucking awesome and I deserve to be recognized as such. Now, obviously I am not the person to go around yelling out that I am awesome or that I deserve appraisal.  I am not here for pity or for recognition. The recognition that I spoke of earlier is merely recognition from myself of my strengths.
Now I understand that my feelings and thinking will change throughout the course of the month and there will be times where the feelings before my realization will return. But they will not be as strong and I wrote down all my thoughts during my moment of the epiphany so whenever I feel upset or confused, I can go back and realize that I can think that way.
This is Step 1. Next comes Step 2. And eventually I will no longer need to keep track of the steps in my life. All I need to do is put one foot infront of the other, get through this year, enjoy life, and get ready for college. That's all. Not big deal when written down in words. It's just one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment