Monday, October 29, 2012

Nothing's Going To Bring Me Down

So, as many people know, I was not doing so "hot" last week. In fact, I was kind of depressed. I can look back on how I was and realize that I was sad and I was rightly sad. I was not feeling to great about myself and I had some low self-eestem problems going on. But I can, honestly, say now that I am doing amazing. It is weird how I can change so radically in such a short amount of time. But this weekend I figured out what I want. I am not going to go and say what I want because I do not believe it needs to be common knowledge but just know, that I have "found" myself this weekend. I went to Bioneers by the Bay in New Bedford this weekend, an environmental conference. I was able to get away from school and accurately see what was making me sad and I was able to give myself some steps to overcome this. I heard some speakers who spoke to me and I could listen to their words and apply them to what was going on in my life. For example, one lady talked about the fact that if someone were to cut the stems of pretty flowers and try to plant them in my pot, they are going to die. I should not be trying to be other people or I should not be jealous of people. I have my own "flower". I do not know what it's going to look like when it grows fully but I know it is my flower and I have to water it and care for it and not worry about other peoples flowers. It was amazing to be able to finally figure out what was making me upset and figure out how to make myself feel better. So, I am now doing great and I feel amazing!! Nothing is going to bring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment